Flying after Brexit: EASA and UK Air Operators

What Brexit means for UK air operators


Whether or not you voted to leave the European Union, Brexit will bring about changes to the aviation industry.


Fortunately, we can continue to fuel your skills as per regulatory standards.


However, UK air operators must obtain a Third Country Operator (TCO) to continue to operate between and within Europe after the 29th March 2019 deadline.


Why the need for a TCO? 


Despite the uncertainty around Brexit, as of the 30/03/2019, the UK will no longer be a member of the European Union.


UK air operators, therefore, are classified as foreign carriers.


Only operators who hold a TCO authorisation from EASA will be able to operate commercial flights to and from EU member states.


When to apply for a TCO? 


Applications are open via the EASA website for UK Air Operator Certificate (AOC) to apply and transfer to TCO authorisations.


You must apply by the 01/03/2019 to continue to fly after the 29th March 2019.


The TCO application carries a levy as per the need to act immediately.


Will Brexit impact EASA training regulatory standards? 


Right now, UK air operators need only to make this change from an AOC to TCO.


UK individuals or organisations will not need to carryout any additional training as a result of leaving the EU.


However, be sure to stay up-to-date with EASA regulatory standards via our individual and corporate training courses.


Find out more about us here: 'Everything you need to know about Nubis Aviation Training' or get in touch:


We wish you the best of luck with your TCO application!